Traffic Signals
The Electrical Division is responsible for most of the traffic signals in the City of Royal Oak (except those on Greenfield, 12 Mile, Woodward, I-696 service drive as well as a few other locations) these are maintained by the Oakland County Road Commission (248) 858-4804.  Please call Public Service (248) 246-3300 during normal working hours 7:30 am to 4:00 pm M - F and police non-emergency at any other time (248) 246-3500 to report a traffic signal outage.
Street Lights
In an effort to control costs, the city has taken over the ownership and maintenance of street lighting installed with Federal funds in conjunction with roadway projects. The Electrical Division currently maintains over 700 street lights.  However, most street lighting is maintained by DTE, if the street light is on a wooden pole please contact DTE at (800) 477-4747 or report an outage electronically to DTE streetlight outage.
The Electrical Division maintains most City facilities as well as providing electrical power for various special events.