Private Property Paving
A permit is required to be obtained prior to making any installation, removal, repair or replacement of parking lot, sidewalk and any other pavement on non-single family properties or developments (Condominiums, Apartments, Commercial, and Industrial properties, churches, school developments, etc.) in accordance with City Code, Chapter 644. This permit is required to track compliance with the Storm Water runoff and detention requirements. Conditions for obtaining a permit are as follows:
- A detailed Engineering plan depicting exiting site features and demolition areas.
- A separate detailed Engineering plan depicting the proposed dimensions, grading of the pavement areas, detention systems and other City requirements. New parking lots may require an Engineering Site Plan Review.
- Contractors doing work in the City of Royal Oak must provide adequate performance guarantee [bond] at 20% of the value of the paving work as indicated on plans submitted and approved by the department. Performance guarantee for work valued under $100,000 shall be in the form of cash or a bank Letter of Credit. Amounts in excess of $100,000 may be in the form of cash, bank Letter of Credit, or a Performance Bond issued by a reputable company located in the USA. Performance guarantees for Engineering Department required permits can not be combined with performance guarantees required by the Building Department.
- A completed Private Property Paving Permit Application shall be submitted prior to obtaining a permit along with one original copy of an approved performance guarantee.
- The permit processing fee and inspection fees are listed on the fee schedule.
|RO Private Property Paving PERMIT.pdf||20.99 KB|
|RO Site Plan Review Application.pdf||41.66 KB|
|Engineering Fee Schedule.pdf||5.26 KB|