|The Royal Oak Recreation Department publishes all programs and classes in the Insight newsletter. Insight is our seasonal brochure which is mailed to every household prior to registration. It is also available in the Recreation office, Senior/Community Center, City Hall, and the Royal Oak Public library.
Download the Registration form here (in Adobe Acrobat pdf format).
Complete the form and mail it, fax it, or bring it to our offices. In order to be completely registered, we must receive your payment before the program registration deadline date. Payments must be mailed in with your registration form or brought into our offices. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Three ways to register:
Mail-In Registration: Mail-in registration is accepted on a first-come, first -served basis. Be sure to completely fill out the registration form on this page or a resonable facsimile. Mail completed form and payment to:
Royal Oak Recreation
211 S Williams St
PO Box 64
Royal Oak MI 48068-0064
(Do not send cash. Use separate checks for different classes in case one of your desired classes is filled. Make checks payable to: Royal Oak Recreation.)
In Person: Come to the Royal Oak Recreation located at the Dept of Public Service, 1600 N Campbell Rd, Royal Oak MI 48067. Walk-in registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. (Cash, check or Visa/MasterCard accepted.) Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Fax: (248)246-3007 Fax registrations are accepted 24 hours. We cannot confirm receipt of your fax registration by return fax or by phone. You must call us for confirmation.
(Credit Card only-please include credit card #, expiration date, and signature on registration form.)
Senior programs: Register at the Senior/Community Center 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Checks Payable To: Royal Oak Recreation
Use separate checks for different classes when registering by mail in case one of your desired classes is filled. (Insufficient Funds on Checks: There will be a $35.00 "Returned Check Charge" to all accounts for checks that are returned from the bank. NSF accounts that are not paid in full within 10 days of notice are sent to the Oakland County Prosecutors Office for criminal prosecution.)
Refund Policy: Your satisfaction is our most important objective. Refunds will be granted up to one week prior to the start of activity, less a $5 service fee. Refunds will be granted after the first week of class, less $10 service fee plus cost of classes already held. No refunds will be granted after the second week of class. No refunds once a camp has started. No refunds on one day classes. Allow three weeks for refund check. Fees charged on credit cards must be credited back to your credit card "Less Service Charges Indicated".
Waiting List: All registration is accepted on a "first come, first served" basis. If a desired class is full, ask to be put on the waiting list. Classes may be added if the facility and instructor are available.
- Office phone number 248-246-3180.
- Entire fee must accompany registration.
- No confirmation will be sent unless a stamped, self-addressed envelope is enclosed.
- Registration must be processed through the Recreation Office and cannot be received at the class.
- All activities are subject to a minimum enrollment or class will be canceled. Full refunds will be given if a class/camp is cancelled by Royal Oak Recreation.
- To insure that all participants enjoy the Recreation classes of their choice, it is asked that children not accompany their parents to classes designated for adult participants only.
- Insurance: The City of Royal Oak does not provide accident or hospital insurance for people participating in activities.
- Classes held in schools will not meet when public schools are closed for holidays, inclement weather or other emergencies.
- Please indicate if you have any condition of impairment, which requires accommodation for your enjoyment of the program.