|The Royal Oak Recreation Department publishes all programs and classes in the Insight newsletter. Insight is our seasonal brochure which is mailed to every household prior to registration. It is also available in the Recreation office, Senior/Community Center, City Hall, and the Royal Oak Public library.
Download the Registration form here (in Adobe Acrobat pdf format).
How to Register for Programs and Classes
You may send a completed registration form (or reasonable facsimile) with payment to:
Royal Oak Recreation
PO Box 64
Royal Oak MI 48068-0064
Do not send cash. Make checks payable to Royal Oak Recreation. Use separate checks for different classes in case one of your desired classes is filled. Returned check fee is $35. To receive a receipt, please include your e-mail address. Registration must be processed through the Recreation Office and cannot be received at the class.
Fax registrations are accepted 24/7 at 248-246-3007. Fax payment by credit card only – please include credit card #, security code, expiration date, and your signature on registration form. To receive a receipt, please include your e-mail address.
In Person Registration
Walk-in registrations are accepted at the Recreation Office Monday through Friday, 8:30
am to 5 pm. The Recreation Office is located at the Dept. of Public Service, 1600 N Campbell Road, Royal Oak MI 48067. We accept payment in person by cash, check, Visa, M/C or Discover.
Refunds will be granted up to one week prior to the start of a class or camp, less a $5
service fee. Refunds will be granted after the fist week of class less a $10 service fee. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED AFTER THE SECOND WEEK OF CLASS. NO REFUNDS ONCE A CAMP HAS STARTED. No refunds on one-day classes. Allow 3 weeks for refund
check. Fees charged on credit cards must be credited back to your credit card, LESS SERVICE FEES INDICATED.
NOTE: Children should not accompany their parents to classes designated for adult participants only.
How to Register for Programs Online
If anyone in your family has taken a Recreation or Senior Center class since 2012, your
household account may already be set up. Be sure to check for an existing account before attempting to create a new one. If you are not sure, you can call the office to check. You will need to obtain a temporary password (which you should change) from the office to log into an existing account. Your account login is your e-mail address.
If you have never registered for class with the Royal Oak Recreation or the Senior Center,
you will need to “create a new account” through the website. You cannot register for classes as a “guest”.
You can only register your own family. For any transfers, corrections or questions please call the Recreation Office at 248-246-3180, M-F, 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Royal Oak Recreation and the Senior Center reserve the right to cancel classes due to low
enrollment. Full refunds will be given if a class/camp is cancelled by Royal Oak Recreation. Please register early so we don’t cancel your class!
There will be a $35 Returned Check Charge to all accounts for checks that are returned by
Royal Oak Recreation 248-246-3180
Royal Oak Senior Center 248-246-3900
Classes held in school buildings will not meet when public schools are closed for holidays,
inclement weather or other emergencies. Please call our weather hotline 248-246-3187 for updated closing information.
- Office phone number 248-246-3180.
- Entire fee must accompany registration.
- No confirmation will be sent unless a stamped, self-addressed envelope is enclosed or an e-mail is provided.
- Registration must be processed through the Recreation Office and cannot be received at the class.
- All activities are subject to a minimum enrollment or class will be canceled. Full refunds will be given if a class/camp is cancelled by Royal Oak Recreation.
- To insure that all participants enjoy the Recreation classes of their choice, it is asked that children not accompany their parents to classes designated for adult participants only.
- Insurance: The City of Royal Oak does not provide accident or hospital insurance for people participating in activities.
- Classes held in schools will not meet when public schools are closed for holidays, inclement weather or other emergencies.
- Please indicate if you have any condition of impairment, which requires accommodation for your enjoyment of the program.