Water and Sewer Projects
The City of Royal Oak Engineering Division has tentatively scheduled the following major projects in 2011 for improvements to the City’s infrastructure. There may be some inconvenience associated with this work and the Engineering Division wants to thank you in advance for your help and cooperation. If you have any questions regarding the listed projects, you may contact the Engineering Department at 248.246.3260.
Water Main Projects
- A new 12” water main in Shenandoah from Webster to Glenwood and a new 12” water main in Benjamin from Woodward to Webster. The total estimated cost is $891,100.
The following are possible projects for 2011:
- A new 12” water main will be installed on the west side of Woodward from Grandview to Berkshire and west of Woodward on Berkshire to Greenfield and Arden Place at Grandview.
The total estimated cost is $1,063,900.
- A new 12” water main will be installed on the east side of Woodward Ave. north of 11 Mile Rd. to Forestdale. The estimated cost is $643,000.
- A new 12” water main in Sedgemoor north of 14 Mile Rd. and spot water main replacement in 12 Mile Rd. from Vermont to Connecticut. The estimated cost is $267,700.
- There will be spot sewer repairs, sewer cleaning, televising and root treatment of various public sewers throughout the City. This is part of an ongoing sewer maintenance program to monitor and improve the conditions of pubic sewers in the City. The cost is estimated at approximately $400,000.
- Install a new 12” relief sewer in Sheridan from Grandview to Wrenford Rd. The total estimated cost is $274,700.