Curb Cuts

Curb Removal, Replacement or Alteration (Curb Cut)

A permit is required to be obtained prior to making any removal, alteration or replacement of public non-major road curbing in accordance with City Ordinances. Conditions for obtaining a permit are as follows:

  • Contractors doing work in the City of Royal Oak must provide adequate insurance as listed in the Insurance Requirements section of the instructions for performing curb cut work. Insurances required include:
    • Workman’s Compensation Insurance,
    • Commercial General Liability Insurance, and
    • Automobile Liability Insurance.
  • Only those entities that can provide the Insurance Requirements as listed in the instructions for performing curb cut work outlined above are allowed to obtain a permit.

  • The permit fee is listed on the fee schedule which is updated annually.

Please Complete the Curb Cut Permit Application prior to submitting for a permit. Provide two original copies of insurance with the Permit Submittal.


[file] CURB-CUT & APPROACH.pdf04/14/15 3:02 pm50.35 KB
[file] RO Insurance Requirements.pdf08/21/11 8:26 pm12.43 KB
[file] Engineering Fee Schedule.pdf08/19/15 9:59 pm23.02 KB

Contact Us | Disclaimers | Copyright © 1999 - 2016 City of Royal Oak | Login
211 S Williams Street, Royal Oak MI, 48067, Ph. 248-246-3000