Voting Absentee Ballot

A separate absent voter ballot request must be submitted for each election. Download and print the application form (in Adobe Acrobat format), fill it out and mail it to the City Clerk.

Absent voter ballots are available for all elections.
You may vote with an absent voter ballot if:

  • you are unable to vote without assistance;
  • you are 60 years of age or older;
  • you expect to be absent from your city or township on election day;
  • you are in jail, awaiting arraignment or trial;
  • you have been assigned to work as a precinct worker in a precinct other than where you are registered;
  • or you are unable to attend the polls because of religious beliefs.

If any of these situations exist, you can obtain an absent voter ballot by writing to the clerk. You must state the reason why you need an absent voter ballot and you must sign the request.

A pre-printed absent voter ballot application form is available above or from the city clerk upon request.

If you are temporarily outside the U.S., you can use a Federal Postcard Application to apply for an absent voter ballot. The FPCA must be signed under oath unless you, your spouse or your parents are serving in the armed forces or Merchant Marines.

Send the completed application to:

    Royal Oak City Clerk
    211 S Williams St
    Royal Oak, MI 48067 

If you want the ballot mailed, your application must be received by 2 p.m. the Saturday before the election. Make your request early to allow for delivery time.

A voter eligible to vote by absent voter ballot may also vote in person at the clerk’s office anytime up to 4 p.m. the day before the election. All absent voter ballots must be received by the clerk’s office not later than 8 p.m. on election day.

Check here to access the State of Michigan Voter Information Center


Contact Us | Disclaimers | Copyright © 1999 - 2016 City of Royal Oak | Login
211 S Williams Street, Royal Oak MI, 48067, Ph. 248-246-3000