Building Inspection is responsible for issuing permits for commercial and residential construction projects, performing related electrical, structural and plumbing inspections and enforcing compliance with local ordinance as they apply to these functions.
Any other questions can be directed to the Building Department at (248) 246-3210. Specific Code questions may be addressed to an Inspector, Monday through Friday, 8:00-9:00 a.m. or 3:30- 4:30 p.m. Ordinance questions may be asked of a Code Enforcement Officer at the same number, during the same hours.
Many of Building Inspection's informational handouts and required documents are available online in adobe pdf format. Below is a brief description of each. Click on the items of interest to download and review the document.
NOTE: These documents are in PDF format, so Acrobat Reader is required to view them. To download a current version of Acrobat Reader, click here.
- How do I obtain a permit?
- Building Permit Application (Residential)
- Building Permit Fees (Residential)
- Building Permit Application (Commercial/Industrial)
- Building Permit Fees (Commercial/Industrial)
- Commercial/Industrial Plan Review Submittal Requirements
- Electrical Permit Application/Fees
- Fence Permit Application/Fees
- Mechanical Permit Application/Fees
- Plumbing Permit Application/Fees
- Sewer Application/Fees
- Sign Permit Application/Fees
- Temporary Sign Permit Application/Fees
- Sign Erector License Application
- Sign Area Map-North
- Sign Area Map-South
- Construction Code Board of Appeals Application Form/Fees
- Current Code Information
- License to Rent Application
|const-code-boa.pdf||04/08/13 2:26 pm||34.75 KB|