Leaf Collection Schedule
The 2012 leaf collection schedule begins October 29. There will be 6 weeks of leaf collection in which the DPS crews will be working to remove as many of the leaves as possible from the streets of the City. Each area of the City will be covered at least twice within the six weeks. Residents are asked to be mindful of the leaf collection schedule and the following guidelines and information.
Please Note: Plastic bags (clear or colored) are NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE for yard waste of any kind, including leaves. Yard waste is only accepted curbside from April 11 thru mid-December. Please use the appropriate container(s). Thank You.
Residents should note that schedules are subject to change due to weather conditions, mechanical breakdowns or other factors beyond the City's control.
- IF collections are ahead of schedule, a truck will come down their street on the regularly scheduled day of pickup.
- There is only one Saturday scheduled for pick-up. The remainder of Saturdays will be used for catch up, for which there is no set schedule.
- To help our workers, please do not put yard waste other than leaves in the street. Thank you.
(Please Park Cars off the Street)
Work with your neighbors to make sure there are no parked cars on the street
to get in the way of the trucks.
- Residents are requested to rake leaves into the edge of the roadway in windrows.
- Do Not make the piles larger than 3 feet high and 4 feet wide.
- All sticks, rocks, metal rods and other debris must be kept out of leaf piles.
- Do Not park your car on or near the leaves (Trucks need at least a "house length" after a parked car to get near the curb.)
- It is important not to wait until your scheduled day to rake out your leaves, especially during the first time through your neighborhood.
- If by chance the City does run ahead of schedule, a truck will be by on your scheduled day regardless.
Do not rake leaves just ahead of the crews and expect them to wait for you.
- Residents may call the DPS at 246-3300, Option 5, to get an update if the schedule has changed due to inclement weather.